Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 22:25:30 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.interworks.org>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, msmith@revolution.3-cities.com
Subject:   Re: D-Link enet card question

Doug White wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Jul 1998, Daniel M. Eischen wrote:
>
> > I purchased a couple 6911A cards from www.onsale.com and I couldn't
> > get them to work either.  Same problems.  I wrote it off to their
> > being bad.  This was under -current before the latest de driver was
> > imported (just last week I believe).  I sent them back and replaced
> > them with D-LINK 500TX which are based on the 21140-AF chip.  These
> > worked fine.
>
> ok.  I lied; I just checked the machines and their Adaptec quad-port cards
> are 21140-AE based.  The Kingston in them is a 21140-AF.

Hmm, sounds more like the de driver in -stable doesn't yet know
how to deal with the 21143 chips on newer Adaptec controllers.  I'd
really like to see how they work with the new de driver in -current
(although there are reports of some problems with this latest driver).

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org