Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:59:26 -0700
From:      "Brian O'Shea" <boshea@ricochet.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        boshea@netapp.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Making an existing VMware virtual disk "dangerously dedicated"

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 12:06:29PM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:

> maybe the server version confuses the bootblocks.
> Does it think that it's ruinning headless?

I don't think so.  The BTX loader reports this:

    BTX loader 1.00  BTX version is 1.01
    Console: internal video/keyboard

I can boot successfully from CD and then load the kernel from the
virtual disk.  It just seems to be a problem with the boot manager.

Is your system installed on a physical disk partition or a VMware
virtual disk?  Also, what version of FreeBSD are you running?

Thanks,
-brian

--
Brian O'Shea