Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:51:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Damon Hammis <squirrel@hammis.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SB16 Value and AHA-1540

Here's the scoop.  I have a Soundblaster 16 Value and an Adaptec AHA-1540
card on a 4.0-STABLE box that won't work together because they are both
trying to use the same drq.

I recompiled my kernel to show this:

device          aha0    at isa? port ? irq ? drq 6
device          sbc0    at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

But on boot I get a message similar to this:

aha0 at port 0x334-0x337 irq 9 drq 5 on isa0
aha0: unable to allocate drq

The jumpers were set to 6 on the card, and it won't work.  Major pain in
my ass cuz it used to work before I upgraded to 4.0-STABLE from 3.4-STABLE
many moons ago.  I've been fighting with it ever since.

Any help is appreciated.

Also...any word on 4.1-RELEASE? I had heard the 15th, but you know how
those internet people lie. :)

--Damon
                           _ _