Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 16:55:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wumpus.wlcg.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/27305: problem with drop downs in linux-netscape-navigator-4.77

>Number:         27305
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       problem with drop downs in linux-netscape-navigator-4.77
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD wumpus 4.3-STABLE FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #0: Fri May 11 09:42:50 EDT 2001 root@wumpus:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/WUMPUS i386

When you encounter a drop down list on a webpage that has more items than can be displayed on one list you will get an arrow for the last item which allows you to open another list next to the first.  If you open this second list, or any beyond the first, after you close the drop down list you will not be able to enter text in text input fields.  The only way to be able to enter text is to close netscape and open it again.

I also tried the non-linux version of netscape.  It has the same problem.
The problem is not there in mozilla.
>How-To-Repeat:
Install the port of netscape and find a drop-down list that is more than one page.  Select the last entry to open the next page of items.  Then find a text input field.  You will not be able to enter text.
>Fix:

Unknown