Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 1996 19:07:51 +0100
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   mime mails

With a growing user-base of T-Online users in Germany here who
obviously are using a package consisting of netscape and some
internet access software to access the internet from their home PC
I'm getting more and more Mime encapsulated mails with
appendices. (jpeg in this case) I installed elm+mime
and can at least detect what sort of appendix they sent.

BTW the senders are total neophytes, they are just clicking buttons
on their windoze PC.

Me sitting at an alpha screen at home cannot visualize this mail
directly.

First off, I'm forced to modernize my way of reading mail
to keep pace with what is going on there in the DOS/WIN world.
And FreeBSD would be good advised to provide solutions
to accomplish this out of the box without great installation
hassle.

Second, for now I would greatly appreciate a tip, how I could
convert the mail appendices 'by hand' and transfer them
into my home FreeBSD box to view it there under X.