Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 16:09:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        "Foster, Jim" <JFOSTER@CSKAUTO.COM>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Getting to Stable and boot floppies

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Foster, Jim wrote:

> Thanks for the info, and yes, you *can* ask why in the world I would *want*
> to boot off of floppies!
>
> At the moment this is the only Intel box that I have and it must also run
> Windows.  Since my wife is the one who primarily uses the Win95 "side" of
>
> To me, it just seemed easier for me to push in a floppy, and boot.  After
> the boot is done, I take out the floppy.
>
> At sometime in the near future I will be getting another box to run Win95/98
> on for her and I will stop using floppies on the FBSD box.
>
> I don't think I have heard of OS-BS.  If it is different than Boot-Easy that
> came on the CD, I will check it out...

It's quite different, run the Beta version, it gives you atext menu
everytime you boot that autotimes out and _doesn't_ change to the "last
used OS" it alwasy stays them same.  Yuo can specify a timeout and a
default OS, and give it more verbose messages.  It's in the tools
directory on ftp.freebsd.org, it may also be on the cdrom.

OSBS135B.zip/exe i think is the archive.

-Alfred