Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 1996 16:06:59 +0200 (IST)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        "Shane D. Vincent" <vincents@asme.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: My BSD disk says no bootable partition

On Fri, 6 Sep 1996, Shane D. Vincent wrote:

> So I installed BSD onto drive 1 (not 0) and wanted to keep my old boot
> manager, but now BSD will not recognize a bootable partition on this
> drive.  Is there anything I can do (probably simple, but I did not see
> this in the faq, so here it is).  Anyways TIA.
>

> <center>Shane D. Vincent
>
> vincents@asme.org
>
> Home Page: http://pages.ripco.com:8080/~herbal/shane.htm
>
> </center>

I don't quite get what you did, but the installation program many times
sets all partitions to the inactive state. Before doing anything radical,
check with FDISK if there is an active partition, and if there isn't one,
make the partition you want to boot from active.

If that's not it, please give more information (what partitions you have
on what disks, what boot manager you use, etc.) so people can better help
you.

Nadav