Date:      Thu, 08 Feb 2001 15:43:00 GMT+1
From:      patatorz@caramail.com
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   initio 9100 driver & kernel

--=_NextPart_Caramail_007631981646980_ID

Hi,
I'm new at FreeBSD (not Unix), and I want to use my 9100UW
initio scsi card with FreeBSD 4.1; I have the driver for
the card (available on www.initio.com, that are design for
FreeBSD 4.x ), but instructions (see at the end of message)
they give are for 3.x serie (I think); so what lines I must
include in the config files (and may be in /dev) to get the
driver work ?
thanks
Copy the 3 source code files to /usr/src/sys/pci

Add one line in /usr/src/sys/conf/files:

	/pci/i91u.c

Enter /usr/src/sys/i386/conf, copy the GENERIC
configuration file
to the name you want to give your kernel, MY9100 for
example.
Add one line in MY9100:

	controller iha0

Type the following to compile and install your kernel:

	# /usr/sbin/config MY9100
	# cd ../../compile/MY9100
	# make depend
	# make