Date:      Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:39:41 -0500
From:      linimon@lonesome.com (Mark Linimon)
To:        Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: developpers-handbook: tools-intro is incorrect

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 01:48:21PM +0200, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
> Note that the patch is a little bit fat regarding of what it's
> supposed to do, because I needed to redo line wrapping.

Well, that's not the standard way things are done in -doc-land :-)
The problem is that multiline changes make life harder for the translators
since it makes it less obvious what has changed.

So the correct change to e.g. remove 7 words (like your first one) leaves
a short line and that's acceptable.  If desired, a later change can more
the whitespace around, but if so that one gets done with "translators
please ignore".

In any case since whitespace in the document doesn't affect the rendering
it is more often than not left that way, especially for short lines.  It's
also less CVS churn that way.

mcl