Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 1999 17:23:16 +0200
From:      Klaus Herrmann <Klaus.Herrmann@gmx.net>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hisaddr problem

> Somehow I get the impression that a lot of users do not trust the autom=
atic
> short hold mechanism (/etc/isdn/isdnd.rates). Believe me, it works just
> fine and there's no need to manually shut down. I run 7/24 with i4b alw=
ays
> active and the Telekom is not making a fortune off of me ;-)
this is rather a problem of trusting other programs than trusting this
mechanism. for example netscape tries to connect my proxy-server every
startup (even when i read local files), and there are some more progs
out there which start useless connections. it saves some money to do
manual connecting to avoid useless connections.
=09--klaus