Date:      Wed, 4 Aug 1999 10:01:24 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@mail.HiWAAY.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu
Subject:   Re:  How to print man pages?

Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu> writes:

> I have downloaded port xinetd and can run "man xinetd" on my FreeBSD box.
> Is there any way to print the output of "man xinetd" exactly as it shows
> on the screen.  I hope it can be converted to postscript file, so that
> I can print it out on non-FreeBSD machine (I have no printer connected to
> my FreeBSD box).  Thanks.

% man -t xinetd > xinetd.ps

Then use whatever you wish to move the postscript file onto the other
system and its printer. The postscript version of the man page above
is much prettier and easier to read than the displayed screen version.

If the postscript printer has an ethernet interface, and its on a
network connected to your FreeBSD box, then the changes to
/etc/printcap to be able to print directly on it are easier than
copying the file off to another system to print.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net (hm)