Date:      Tue, 19 May 1998 09:18:44 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Rescanning SCSI-Bus without Rebooting?

On Mon, 18 May 1998, Doug White wrote:

> > Error message follows:
> >
> > May 17 18:25:40 myhakas /kernel: cd0: BLANK CHECK asc:64,0 Illegal mode for
> > this track
> > May 17 18:26:10 myhakas last message repeated 2 times
>
> You're trying to play a data CD?

***

Oh, well, maybe my english is so poor so people can't understand me
right...

What I want to say is:

I have booted my machine without any SCSI peripheral, only Adaptec 2940UW
card alone. When machine is up and running I plugged my Toshiba SCSI
cd-rom and rescanned SCSI bus with method discussed formerly in this
thread. My SCSI cd-rom device was found successfully, nice.. Now I have
used cdcontrol to play some audio cdroms and tried tosha, all is ok,
ejected audio cdrom, placed my old Walnut Creek 2.2.2-RELEASE disk to the
drive and tried to mount it:

mount -tcd9660 /dev/cd0c /cdrom

and the error message appears. To be sure I have tried to mount a couple
of other disks as well ( certainly not audio disks ) but nothing
different. Rebooted... and now all works again. I have'nt enough time to
take some good english course, but I'm looking forward...

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee