Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2001 13:07:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marc Tardif <intmktg@CAM.ORG>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   setserial command for freebsd

Is there an equivalent to the Linux setserial
command on FreeBSD? This command enables me
to view the mapping of serial device names to
I/O addresses and IRQ. So how can I get this
kind of information on FreeBSD?

I tried searching the freebsd-questions
mailing list for "setserial", but couldn't
find anything. I also ran apropos on "IRQ"
and "serial", but that didn't return any-
thing helpful either. So how could I have
found an answer to my question myself
without having to post to the mailing list?
(I ask this for future reference, to limit
noise to signal ratio on freebsd-questions).

PS. Should questions relating to serial
communications be directed to freebsd-net?

Thanks,
Marc