Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:22:00 +0100
From:      Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   open source graphics card

Hi!

I've followed the thread "don't buy ati products" not very closely
but one thing comes to mind:

Years ago we've had a lot of card / chip manufacturers on the
market. When thinking about this currently really just two chip
manufacturers are coming into my mind. This is bad.

It's probably a crazy idea but what about an open source graphics card?

There are similar projects already like OsCar so the idea of open
source hardware development is not really new but probably exciting.
Aren't there any hw devs reading and motivated?

Imagine a graphics chip with a BSD style license... ;)

Just dreaming?

Volker