Date:      06 Sep 96 09:16:53 EDT
From:      Paul Timson <100422.3102@CompuServe.COM>
To:        Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help please

Dear All,

I've got my PC all setup nicely running Windows 3.1.

I subscribed to FREEBSD thinking wouldn't it be great to run a proper Operating
System on my PC.?

I  put the FREEBSD CD in my panasonic CD drive and its visible from windows. I
can vcreate a boot floppy and boot successfully.

However, thats as far as I get. The view screen says there are no CD drives and
no SCSI disks!!!

PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I'M GOING WRONG.

Here's the config of the PC:

Its a clone IBM using an INTEL 486 DX2 50 CPU, 8MB RAM, adaptec 1542B scsi
controller, quantum lp240S SCSI disk, JAZZ16 (soundblaster compatible sound
card) which also hosts the Panasonic CD-ROM. I have a standard serial/Parallel
card which supports a 3.5" and 5.25" floppy drives.

I use MSCDEX to make the CD visible.

I hope you can suggest a solution as I've read all the FAQ's and bits and bobs I
can find but noone has this problme.

OH AND I'D BETTER JUST SAY THAT I OBTAINED THE PC SECOND HAND ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO
AND HAVE NO MANUALS ON THE ADAPTEC CONTROLLER.....