Date:      Wed, 19 Oct 2011 00:59:50 -0700
From:      =?windows-1251?B?y/7h7uzo8CDD8Ojj7vDu4g==?= <nm.knife@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   POWER3 / IBM 7028-6E1

I have AIX 5.1, but there isn't much I could do with it as the software is
really limited + anything official is hard to get due to being outdated. I
guess it is worth asking if the POWER3 CPU is supported by either the
powerpc or the powerpc64 version of FreeBSD? I looked under Debian and they
had support for POWER3 and the pSeries 610 (7025-6E1) under the powerpc
kernel.

I am wondering if the POWER3 CPU is supported in FreeBSD and which version
should I try (powerpc or powerpc64)?

Here are my system details:
- 333 MHz POWER3-II 64-bit processor, 4 MB of L2 cache (I have yet to figure
out if it's 1 or 2 way SMP, most likely 1 way)
- 512 MB of ECC SDRAM
- 18 GB Ultra3 SCSI HDD
- Two 10/100 Ethernet (IEEE 802.3 compliant)
- CD-ROM
- Floppy
- Tape Drive (I disconnected it, don't need it)

Cheers.

--
Lyubomir Grigorov (bgalakazam)