Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 2003 22:38:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Charlie Schluting <charlie@schluting.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD tool for network bandwidthmeasure  ?

> On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 10:34:20PM -0700, dt wrote:
>
> > Is there any standard (or non) FreeBSD tool that is used to measure a
> > current network throughput/bandwidth? And also, what are the
> > requirements to do so, and do I need to be root to run, or do I need to
> > load a special kernel module?

A great person in #freebsd gave me a neat little script once.. sorry, I
don't remember who it was.

I edited it a tiny bit, to attempt Solaris support and to make the
results easier to read, but it still doesn't like the solaris netstat.

Anyways, it doesn't require any super user access.

http://cheshire.cat.pdx.edu/curnet.pl

Oh, and while you're there, check this out: (it updates every 30 secs)

http://ourmon.cat.pdx.edu/ourmon/

--Charlie