Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 00:26:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jason T <moxie@ahab.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Crystal CS4281 attach returned 6

I've RT'd every F-n M, but to no avail.

From dmesg:
csa0: <Crystal Semiconductor CS4281 Audio controller> mem 0xfedf0000-0xfedfffff,0xfeddf000-0xfeddffff irq 5 at device 8.0 on pci0
device_probe_and_attach: csa0 attach returned 6
pca0 at irq 5 on isa0

So of course "cat < /dev/sndstat" or any other nonsense reveals "device
not configured, which isn't all that surprising given the dmesg output...

From my kernel config:

device pcm
device pca0 at isa? port IO_TIMER1

That's the best I could figure from LINT, man pcm, and man csa, and
although there are some hints in old mails that a

device csa

might be needed (LINT suggests that sndX is irrelevant: would this
replace?), nothing seems to change any of this at all...

'Scuse my dimness but I'm not too sure of how to probe this further,
without spending a week I don't now have reading kernel code, and for that
I need my MP3!