Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:07:36 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Ewan=20Carr?= <ewancarr@yahoo.com>
To:        mark tinguely <tinguely@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vic/sdr - help !

 --- mark tinguely <tinguely@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>
wrote: >
[...]IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP
> which ethernet adapter are you using? (some cheap
> ethernet cards don't
> support multicast very well).

Ive a LAN consisting of two dell-laptops and am only
using xl0 (the ethernet cards on xe0 i dont use in
this
setup).
When I setup my IP address and netmask automatically
using DHCP I can run vic (and sdr) no problem BUT when
manually configuring my IP address/mask using
'ifconfig....' I get the error I reported in my
original mail - its frustrating !

> you can also set a "default multicast route":
>
>  route add 224.0.0.0 -netmask 0xf0000000 -interface
> ${hostname}

OK, I will try this too.

Thanks a lot for your help Mark
Ta