Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 1997 18:10:19 +0500 (ESK)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Link-level protocol

Hi!

Does anybody except me need the implementation of link-level protocol ?
The reason to use it is:

Suppose, you want to create a cluster of FreeBSD computers. You
assign an IP address to the package and make it the alias on
the machine on which the package runs. Then when the package
gets moved to another machine the alias must be moved to
this new machine. But then you need to send a broadcast
ARP REPLY packet to inform all other hosts about this address change.
There may be other usages too.

My implementation is very simple, it imlements only bind()
ans sendto(). The BPF can be used instead of receive().

-SB