Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 01:29:36 +0200
From:      Michael Bartlett <cataract@eye2eye.net>
To:        'Scott Brim' <ncc1701v@yahoo.com>, 'Alejandro Ramirez' <ales@megared.net.mx>
Cc:        "'Windsor Match Plate and Tool Ltd.'" <wmptl@MNSi.Net>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: M$ Exchange Server Support

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF620B.E2D6EA80

Scott,

Our office lives on Outlook, shared calendars, tasks, venue bookings etc...
all NT Workstation, NT Servers blah blah blah
Personlly I run two linux boxes @ home and 1 bsd box and have a linux box on
my desk at the office and three BSD servers for apache/php development, and
I've basically made it my life's mission to either replace Exchange Server
on the Server or run an exchange server and find some unix-type Outlook
client that will suit our needs, and unfortunately I've found nothing
nothing nothing! Thinks like joydesk and so on are amateur products that
have no polishing and your average idiot user just cant grok the interface
or the useability. Thats clearly why linux hasn't got the market penetration
we all want it to have, because the software still needs years of work to
get to a point where Joe Bloggs and his wife can click click click and make
a shared appointment for sex in evening. I've never seen GOOD office
productivity tools on any unix system, ever - and until that day I reckon
you and I are going to have to continue running Exchange & Outlook until
either all the stupid users on the planet get nuked or until Sun and Corel
get something better out there (I reckon they are the only developers who
have had SERIOUS end user experience).

Sorry. bad mood everyone ;)

But... if you do manage to find something, give little ol me a shout!

.mike