Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 11:08:04 +0000
From:      "Lanny Baron" <lannyb@cybertouch.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Modem Setup

  Hi and thankyou for taking the time to read this mail :-)

  I run an Internet Provider Service in Toronto, (actually,we are the
primary TUCOWS in Canada) . We operate with NT v.4.0 and have a
machine which runs FreeBSD.

  My problem is, that I would like to set up 1 modem to answer calls
so that people who don' t have tcp/ip protocols installed on their
machines, would be able to download a file (e.g. trumpet winsock). I
can't fiqure out how to configure the modem and the unix box to make
the above workable.

  Hopefully, someone who reads this can help me out.

  If you do reply please send mail to me directly at
lanny@cybertouch.com.

Thanks again for reading this and for any help which you may offer!
Lanny