Date:      Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:30:44 +0400
From:      "Andrey Simonenko" <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To:        "PetBuilder" <petbuilder@mediaone.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Correction: Recompile Kernel for Quota Support

----- Original Message -----
From: PetBuilder <petbuilder@mediaone.net>
Newsgroups: lucky.freebsd.questions
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 8:04 PM

> This is my first attempt to recompile the kernel. Is there any helpful =
> suggestions or tips I should be aware of when I do this?
> I need to recompile it to activate Quota support.=20
> Also, Is Quota support something I can establish during the initial =
> install?

Just copy /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC file to MY and add
"ptions         QUOTA" to it, then:

config MY
cd ../../compile/MY
make depend
make
make install
reboot

Look at /etc/default/rc.conf, there are enable_quotas and check_quotas
options. Also you have to enable quotas on needed file system, "man
fstab" for more information.