Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 17:22:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Doug Denault <doug@safeport.com>
To:        Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>, FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mergemaster wishlist

An awesome piece of work. I have but two wishes, saving one for later :)

1) a log
2) an option that says in effect overwrite all the files I did not
   modify.

My reasons for wanting (2) are I was updating a 4.1 system I had just
installed from the CD to 4.2-BETA and nothing really had changed,
certainly not the periodic scripts and defaults. I have not looked at this
enough to have an opinion on how to determine/tag "unmodified" files.
Editing something in the file would be fine with me.

The log would serve to address an "oop's.

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Doug Barton wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Francisco Reyes wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 17 Aug 2000 23:53:51 -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> >
> > >	Yes, thanks. This is close to the top of the wishlist.
> >

> > Where is the wishlist for mergemaster?
> > Is it kept anywhere visible?
>
> 	Define visible. :) I have a project list of things that people
> have asked for that I plan to include. It's not very long, but see below.
>
> > I have one thing I have been thinking on giving it a try in a
> > few weeks.
> > Changing mergemaster to indicate files to be either ignored or
> > copied. Kind of an exception file.
> > Haven't looked at the code so I don't know how difficult it
> > would be.

[cut]