Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:44:55 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Rus Foster <rghf@fsck.me.uk>
Cc:        Daxbert <daxbert_news@dweebsoft.com>, freeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Media Player equivalent...

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 08:24:26PM +0000, Rus Foster wrote:
> O,n Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Daxbert wrote:
>=20
> ,>'ve finally decided to run FreeBSD as my primary
> > workstation environment.  Previously I have only
> > used it as a server platform.  I've managed to replace
> > most of the desktop utilities I need, but I need
> > a good replacement for Windows Media Player.
> >
> > I'm looking for opinions here....
>=20
> I would suggest ogle for DVD. Mplayer for everything else. As for
> intergrating with Mozilla you can setup the mimetypes to make it all work
> automagically

Even better, check out http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/. A
simple cvs co && gmake will do.

This, combined with the flashpluginwrapper port has made my browsing
life *so* much easier in the last 2 weeks, that I'm now considering
hitting myself for not setting this up sooner.

FWIW I'm using phoenix as a web browser.

--Stijn

--=20
In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in
the proper order then why can't he?

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q--