Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 1996 21:23:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Sandip Srivastava <ssriva1@umbc.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: General questions

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Sandip Srivastava wrote:

> When I run seyon, it can't find my port or modem.  What could be wrong?
> My serial ports do get detected by the kernel when the computer boots.  I
> also have the file /dev/cua0.  My internal modem is on com1 irq4.  My
> modem gets detected when I run seyon under Linux.

the correct file should be /dev/cuaa0.  Is sio0 probed correctly during
bootup?  Check out 'dmesg' for the boot messages.

> How do I create a new boot floppy with my newly compiled kernel?

Why would you want to?  It's not very easy.

> How do I run the "Live File System" that comes on disc 2 of the FreeBSD
> 2.1 cd-rom set?

Place it in your CD drive and type 'mount_cd9660 /dev/cd0 /mnt',
replacing /dev/cd0 with the proper device (/dev/wcd0 for IDE cds, etc.).