Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 21:48:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Pontillo <mike_p@revenge.pylos.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NICs

        If it is NE2000 compatible, it should work with Linux or FreeBSD
no problem. In Linux, you want to use the "ne" kernel module if it is an
ISA card, or the "ne2k-pci" module if it is a PCI card. Slackware comes
with these modules and all you should have to do is run "modprobe
<module>".
        They should work in FreeBSD also -- although I couldn't give you
very specific details, as I don't know a whole lot about FreeBSD; that's
why I'm on this mailing list. =) But NE2000 cards are very standardized.
If you have trouble finding one that works, go to CompUSA and pick up a
$15-20 D-Link PCI NIC. These are NE2000 compatible and I've found that
they work rather well. Most any NE2000 compatible card should work though.

ttyl
Mike

"You should never stand in love's way,
especially when love is driving a bus."