Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 23:10:09 -0800
From:      Tim Pozar <pozar@lns.com>
To:        rrios@intersys.com.mx
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Shoutcast on FreeBSD

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 05:36:27PM -0600, rrios@intersys.com.mx wrote:
> Hi, I already configure my FreeBSD box with shoutcast server software, but now
> Im trying to find some plugin like "nullsoft shoutcast-dsp" (plug-in for winamp
> on windoes) equal to use xmms, xamp or any software on mi FreeBSD.
>
> any suggest?

Sure...  It depends if you want to just stream your MP3s or live
audio.  In the case of the former you want to check out the "ICES"
package at:

	http://www.icecast.org/download.html

In the later, there are a couple of packages, but I tend to prefer
what I wrote myself.  It is called "MIXICE" and available at:

	http://www.lns.com/papers/mixice/

I have it running on a dozen commercial and non-commercial stations.

Tim
--
  Snail: Tim Pozar / LNS / 1978 45th Ave / San Francisco CA 94116 / USA
               POTS: +1 415 665 3790  Radio: KC6GNJ / KAE6247