Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2007 20:19:55 -0400
From:      Steve Bertrand <iaccounts@ibctech.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        mattr@eagle.ca
Subject:   DJBDNS && IPv6

Hi all,

I am doing some serious testing with IPv6, however I can not get the
name resolution side of things on my DJBDNS DNS servers to work as expected.

On my legacy 4.10 box running BIND, I can resolve v6 addresses
inherently even without v6 enabled in the kernel, but on my
pre-production tinydns boxes (6.2, IPv6 kernel), I can't.

I have installed the port, 'sup'd today on:

FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p6 #0: Wed Jul 18 20:31:03 EDT 2007

...and installed it with the v6 patch in the Makefile turned 'on', but I
can not identify any indication that IPv6 is enabled.

What I'd like to know is:

- is there a special way that I need to use tinydns-conf to create a new
'server'

- what should a proper v6 entry look like in the data file

My research has told me that I should have new 'v6' type binaries in the
./bin directory, but I do not see those.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sorry if this should be
directed to the djbdns list, however, I know I can compile from source
and get it to work, I just want the port to work for future maintenance
purposes.

Regards,

Steve