Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 1996 01:19:24 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ulf Schmidt <us@microtronic.de>
To:        Question freeBSD <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   support for Adaptec AHA 3940 (PCI)

Hello there,
please help me w/ the following:

I need to know if the current RELEASE 2.1.5 supports the controller
Adaptec 3940, and if so, how good and tested the drivers are.
I assume it _is_ supported, since I see the entry AHA 3940 in the release
notes, the FAQ, and the handbook under supported controllers.

... But _not_ in the kernel configuration where I would assume it should
have it's own entry like the AHA 2940. So how does 2.1.5 deal with this
controller?

Thanks, also for the good help this list has given me before.

Best wishes, Ulf Schmidt