Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2006 22:10:55 +0200
From:      "Cole" <cole@opteqint.net>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Keyboard Boot Disable

Hi.

I have a large amount of servers, and the problem is, that when I need to plug a keyboard into them,
the keyboard is disabled since they werent booted with a keyboard.

I was wondering if anyone has some idea of how to disable the keyboard probe at boot and make it so
that the OS thinks that the keyboard is present even if its not plugged in, so that a keyboard can
be plugged in at any stage, and will function normally.

Im speaking specifically for ps2 keyboards. Is this even possible, or are there architecture
problems or something else relating to this that would make this impossible?

If this is possible, could someone please point me in the correct direction as to which code I would
need to look at to make this possible?

Regards
/Cole