Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2001 20:15:50 +0900
From:      chat95@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp (Nakata Maho)
To:        johann@egenetics.com
Cc:        will@physics.purdue.edu, ports@FreeBSD.org, portmgr@casimir.physics.purdue.edu, bio@freebsd.net
Subject:   Re: [FreeBSD-bio] Re: biology/ && misc/ -> science/

Hello, My name is Nakata, who's major is quantum chemistry
at Kyoto University, and I made gaussian98 ports.

> > biology/babel --> science/babel: molecular file format conversion
> > biology/deft --> science/deft: Density functional molecular orbital calculation
> > biology/gaussian98 --> science/gaussian98: An ab-initio molecular orbital calculation program
> > biology/kinemage --> science/kinemage: molecular visualization program
> > biology/molden --> science/molden: Display molecular orbitals and electron densities in 2D and 3D
> > biology/mopac --> science/mopac: Semi-empirical molecular orbital calculation
> > biology/platon --> science/platon: Tool for viewing molecular/crystallographic structures
> > biology/povchem --> science/povchem: Simple yet powerful tool to generate POV from a PDB file
> > biology/psi88 --> science/psi88: Plotting wavefunctions (molecular orbitals) in 3D
> > biology/rasmol --> science/rasmol: Fast Molecular Visualization Program
> > biology/tinker --> science/tinker: A general purpose molecular modelling package
> > biology/chemeq --> science/chemeq: chemical equation to LaTeX
> > biology/gperiodic --> science/gperiodic: Displays a periodic table of the elements
> > biology/xdrawchem --> science/xdrawchem: Chemical drawing program
> > biology/xmolwt --> science/xmolwt: Calculate formula weight and percent of each element for a given formula
> > misc/xgas --> science/xgas: chemical process

Is it possible to make a new cathegory like chemistry?
These programs are very famous in the field of quantum chemistry,
so that I want to make a new cathegory, and it seems to be much better
than cathegorized as science.

Thanks,
 Nakata Maho