Date:      Sat, 14 Sep 1996 00:17:07 -0700
From:      hmmm <hmmm@alaska.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   . File

ok, there gotta be some way to do this!
after all, w/unix, all things are possible, right?

all i wanna do is have a script "cd" me to another dir.
i have it on HIGH authority that this is not possible ...

i have a path to the script in question exported via ENV(sh)

if i have ". cd dir" in my script, it appears that "cd"
	does "cd" in the files shell, as opposed to a "cd" shell.

if i have "cd dir" in my script, and do ". File", i get
	"path not found" error.

i HAVE to do a ". /completePath/to/File" for it to function.

am i really stuck?  why do references to my PATH var
	get lost when specifying ". File"