Date:      Tue, 19 May 1998 14:33:52 +0900
From:      Shen Jing <sj@china.pages.com.cn>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        mark@nospam.liquidgravity.com, vagner@spdc.ti.com, julian@whistle.com, jcwells@u.washington.edu
Subject:   Re:A newbies quesiton , further investigation and thanks

Hello sir:

  Thank you very much for you help !

  In the past two days I check the 3  problem  carefully . Now I think I
have solved two of them :

  the first :  after Install of FreeBSD 2.2.5 , the bootmanager can not
boot from Windows95( version 97 ) ,  I solve it  by the following steps:
       a.)  Boot from a DOS boot up floppy disk
       b.)  format the disk partition used by windows95 by:
    		a:> format c: /q/u
       c.)  a:> sys  c:
       d.)  set up cdrom driver for dos

       e.) boot up from hard disk  , now boot manager works fine

       f.) reinstall the windows95

       g.) reconfig all the windows95 , including ethernet card , alloc
	    Ip address for it , all  is fine for windows 95

       h.) boot up from hard disk , but boot manager is destroied .
       i.) Boot up from FreeBSD's boot floopy disk ,
           choose custom install , go to partition , choose 'w' , and
	   reinstall boot manager

       j.) boot up again

       Now boot manager works fine for two os.

     Although , I can switch between two OS , but I think the means
that
     I used to solve the problem is not the best method , I destroy the
     original windows95 system . perhaps there are another better
      method ?

   The second : X windows ,
      I do as you tell me , make a link X to XFREE86_SVGA, now the
      command startx can start the x . special thanks for Laszlo Vagner.

    Now I just has one problem , that I can not use my ethernet card .

    I have tried to change the IRQ of it , change to ed0 , but it can
not work . because I am a total new comer of FreeBSD , I have too
little  knowlege about it . so , I am not sure weather I have do exactly
as you told me .

    Well , Mr. Mark Turpin  told me that I should add a default gateway
to make use of our office router , I don't know how to add it .

    I remember that I have config a  gateway when I config the Network
Interface ,  I am not sure wether Mr mark refers to this ? Are there a
file called  defaultrouter  in FreeBSD ?

   Thank you very much ! and Long for your help  !
--
Jing Shen

Mail to:  sj@china.pages.com.cn