Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:50:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Patrick Seal <patseal@hyperhost.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/18254: ports/xtide checksum problem

The following reply was made to PR ports/18254; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Patrick Seal <patseal@hyperhost.net>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:43:25 -0400

 On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 04:48:19AM -0700i, ats@first.gmd.de wrote:

 > >Number:         18254
 > >Category:       ports
 > >Synopsis:       ports/xtide checksum problem
 > ports astro/xtide is not up to date :-). One of the distfiles
 > (harmonics.gz) is no longer on the master site or better is in
 > another directory ( obsolete/harmonics.gz). And it exists a newer
 > harmonics.world.gz on the master site.
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > Do a "make checksum" in /usr/ports/astro/xtide and get a checksum error :-)
 > The file that gets fetched from ftp.freebsd.org is an older version.
 > >Fix:
 > Either an update with the new harmonics.world.gz or an addition
 > in the Makefile for the MASTER_SITES with
 > ftp://ftp.flaterco.com/xtide/obsolete/

 I'm the maintainer.

 Thats what happens when you upgrade and forget to remove the old dists from
 /usr/port/distfiles! Gosh, The new harmonics is 3 times as big and over 1mb!

 I just send-pr'd a patch with various other fixes too: ports/18260

 This PR can be closed.

 Thanks