Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 2014 12:25:05 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        "Alex V. Petrov" <alexvpetrov@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: graphics/imageindex - 1.1_5

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 9:54 AM, Alex V. Petrov <alexvpetrov@gmail.com>wrote:

> I  installed subj on 10-stable.
> Result:
>
> $ imageindex
> defined(@array) is deprecated at /usr/local/bin/imageindex line 2301.
>         (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
> defined(@array) is deprecated at /usr/local/bin/imageindex line 2314.
>         (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
> defined(@array) is deprecated at /usr/local/bin/imageindex line 2478.
>         (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
> defined(@array) is deprecated at /usr/local/bin/imageindex line 2502.
>         (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)

Yes, recent versions of perl don't allow this use of "defined".

> Can't locate flush.pl in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.16/BSDPAN
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.16/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.16 .) at
> /usr/local/bin/imageindex line 328.
>

> Whats wrong?
>
> flush.pl was one of several old perl4 include files that were deprecated
back when perl5 came out and was removed in Perl 5.16. It probably should
be replaced by IO::Handle.

>From the ancient Perl syntax, I'd say that this port or the upstream needs
to be updated to modern syntax. To fix these is trivial, but the
maintainer/author should probably check for other things that are obsolete.
The last version is seven years old.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com