Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:21:45 -0600
From:      Darren WIebe <dkwiebe@hagenhomes.com>
To:        Edgard Capdevielle <capdevie@haas.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Parallel ZIP Drive !

Edgard Capdevielle wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I finally got my machine to work with FreeBSD and fixed-IP DSL !!!
>
> Can anyone explain how to configure an external ZIP drive?  I checked the
> website and found a document, but it assumes that I know what I am doing.  I
> need something like "Configuring ZIP Drives for Dummies" (i.e. very simple
> steps that all newbies can follow).

Below is the appropriate section from my kernel configuration file.  This
example
presumes that the zip drive is on the first parallel port.  Yours should have
all of
the following lines in it.  If you have questions on how to rebuild your kernel
you
can look in the handbook.  If you have any other questions feel free to contact
me.

controller scbus0
device  da0
device  sa0