Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:38:31 +0200
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports.conf

Thus spake Maxim Sobolev (sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG):

> You misunderstood my point. I meant that the *defaults* could go directly ino
> bsd.port.mk, while the user would be free to override them in the /etc/make.conf
> (I do not see much need for another make(1) configuration file in /etc).

The defaults are of _course_ set in bsd.make.conf ;-)
(make.conf doesn't _set_ anything at the moment as well).

make.conf is for src, ports.conf is for ports.
We already had that.

We at least need an example file, most users won't read bsd.port.mk,
but they will read a well documented ports.conf.

Alex