Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 1996 09:42:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        kdupuis@dcs.stu.rpi.edu (Kenneth J. Dupuis)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Compile error

> I just grabbed the latest -current via FTP and compiled it with no
> problems.  Its been up and running on a heavily-used server for about 3
> hours now.  The only thing I can notice is that it takes a long time to
> close a TCP/IP port that sendmail was using.  It says that the connection
> is "ESTABLISHED" long after the email has been delivered.
>
> Due to this problem and a lot of "open" ports I grabbed -stable and tried
> to compile it.  About 3/4 of the way through it exits with this error:
>
> param.c - timezone value does not match
>
> That's the best I can remember it right now.  Anyone heard of this and
> know a way to fix it?

Is this inbound or outbound sendmail connections?

For inbound connections, if your clients are WINSOCK machines, this is
a well known problem with Microsoft engineers being unable (or unwilling)
to read IETF documents and distinguish connection close packets from
abort packets.

If it's outbound, it's because the remote side did not do a correct
teardown after the in-band "QUIT" was sent and acknowledged (in which
case: "is the SMTP server running on an MS OS?").

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.