Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2002 11:33:58 -0800
From:      Ted Faber <faber@lunabase.org>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>, Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>, Rasputin <rasputin@submonkey.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB Epson printers?

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 02:12:54PM +0000, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 10:18:41PM -0800, Ted Faber wrote:
> > I have a photo 780 that works perfectly through the parallel port, but
> > although the kernel recognizes it just fine, printing is gibberish.  The
> > same file that prints through the parallel port prints garbage through
> > ulpt0.  Dmesg attached.
> >
> > Am I missing something obvious?
>
> Not necessarily. I've just committed an update to ulpt in -stable which
> should hit the cvsup mirrors in the next few hours.  Maybe that will
> have fixed it?

I tried your mods (as of yesterday eve) with mixed success.  The printer
no longer prints gibberish (in fact it prints nicely), but after the job
finishes, the kernel locks up.  (I only printed a one-page job, so the
kernel may lock after the page finishes up).

If there's anything I can do, just ask.

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm--