Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2002 02:03:54 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew <andrew@ugh.net.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Routing Socket and New Addresses

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Andrew wrote:

> but it seems that if I don't read the packet with one read call then the
> packet is lost. Is this correct behaviour? I guess if the buffer is small

Well it seems that if you dont get the entire packet in one read it is
lost forever. It also seems that no matter how many bytes you try and read
you only ever get one packet (though I haven't confirmed that for sure).

If this is how it really works then perhaps it should be documented
somewhere.

Thanks,

Andrew