Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2006 09:16:10 -0600
From:      "Jim King" <jimking629@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Temperature monitoring in FreeBSD 4/5/6

Marian Hettwer <MH@kernel32.de> wrote:
> Doug Ambrisko wrote:
> > Stephan Koenig writes:
> > | Does anyone know of an easy way to get temperature information out of
> > | a Dell PowerEdge 1550/1650/1750/1850/2650/2850 running FreeBSD4/5/6?
> > |
> > | Something that has a very simple CLI that just outputs the temperatur=
> > | without any formatting, or a library/sysctl, would be ideal.
>
> Since it wasn't mentioned yet, the OpenBSD folks have a driver for the
> Dell OMSA, ems(4).
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=3Desm&apropos=3D0&sektion=3D=
0&manpath=3DOpenBSD+Current&arch=3Di386&format=3Dhtml
> It'll do the job you want, and some more :)
>
> I was wondering wether this could be ported to FreeBSD... hm... would be
> great :)
>
> I know this doesn't help you now,  but, anyway...
>
> regards,
> Marian

Interesting!  I have a couple Dell 2450's - I'd LOVE to see this
driver ported to FreeBSD.  If anybody is interested in working on it I
can probably provide access to one of the boxes for testing, and I
might even be able to contribute some cash.

Jim