Date:      Sun, 03 Nov 2002 02:12:52 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joy Gila <joygila@cs.uchicago.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bind 8.3.3/ FreeBSD 4.6

Joy Gila wrote:

> Hi there, ran into an issue
> compiling bind 8.3.3 on FreeBSD 4.6.
> Something about a missing probe_ipv6.
> Wonder if someone has been down this path...
>
> The Short of it (excuse my lengthy prompt) -->
>
> NS2:/home/jgila/BIND/src/port/freebsd# make clean

Ummm... this is weird, to say the least. Why are you trying to make in
the port directory?

I would highly recommend that you use the freebsd ports collection to
build bind ... it handles a number of configuration details for you. Is
there something that you're trying to accomplish that you don't think
the port can do for you?

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?