Date:      Mon, 3 May 1999 10:08:54 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>, FreeBSD Laptoppers <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PAO+ep0 slooooow

[ Weird, I haven't gotten Sean's response to the list yet, but anyway ... ]

> >> using zp0 (sans pao) this host would rdump (to a dlt on a neighboring host)
> >> in well under an hour
> >> using ep0 under pao it takes over 14 hours.
> >> any hints at where i should be looking?
> > I'd worry about IRQ's.  What IRQ is your pccard controller running
> > on?  What does windoze think it should be running on?  What about
> > ep0?

What windoze uses is irrelevant, because the PCIC and cards can use any
available IRQ in the system.

> > I had a similar problem with ep0 and an HP Omnibook.  The pcic_irq
> > was being set to 3 (even though the hardware wanted to be on 10)

Just because windows used IRQ 10 means nothing.  We can use IRQ 3 w/out
any problems.

> > and
> > ep0 just wouldn't work on 10 (due to the pcic listening there). It
> > was not until I had pcic on 10 and ep0 on 11 that life was happy.

It shouldn't have made any difference.  Is it possible that the second
serial port was setup on IRQ 3?

> pcic0: <Ricoh RL5C475 PCI-CardBus Brige> rev 0x00 int a irq 255 on pci0.10.0
> pcic0 at 0x3e0-0x3e1 irq 11 on isa
> PC-Card ctlr(0) Ricoh RL5C475/476 [CardBus bridge mode] (5 mem & 2 I/O windows)
> pcic0: slot 0 controller I/O address 0x3e0
> cmd ntpd pid 112 tried to use non-present sched_get_priority_min
> cmd ntpd pid 112 tried to use non-present sched_setscheduler
> ep0: utp/bnc[*UTP*] address 00:a0:24:ac:89:33
>
> and ep0 is forced to int 10 by pccard.conf

So, is it working?

Nate