Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 12:29:14 -0500
From:      Chris Griffiths <cgriffiths@dca.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound Issues

Hello,

I am currently running 4.4 -stable from about a couple of days ago.
noticed recently that my sound on my laptop (Sony Vaio Z505JE) using:

# Sound card support
device          pcm

Here is my kernel output:

pcm0: <Yamaha DS-1E (YMF744)> mem 0xfecf0000-0xfecf7fff irq 9 at device
9.0 on pci0

I am also getting the following output when I try to play sound files:

pcm0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

I have found some information in the archives but none of it fixed my
problems.  One person said that the pcm was broken a few months ago and
was still broken.  Any idea of how to get my sound working again?

Thanks

Chris