Date:      Fri, 5 May 2000 15:1:53 +0100
From:      Paul <paul@iaehv.nl>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   download '.tar.gz' problems with ports for FBSD 3.4 Stable.

Dear Sir, Madam,

Recently I've started to run into trouble with some of the ports after downloading them
from ftp.freebsd.org. When I do a make, they try to get a file called '.tar.gz' instead
of the portname-version.tar.gz file they are supposed to get. Would you be able to shed a
light on what may be causing this phenomena? Some of the ports that I tried are
'net/licq' and 'security/cyrus-sasl'. I did post in comp.unix.bsd.freebsd and got
confirmation that I am not the only one seeying this. However no solution was offered so
I am resorting to asking you.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
 _