Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 2000 21:44:58 +0000
From:      Brantley <brantley@venux.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   kdelibs in 4.0RC3

Hi all,

Installing kdelibs from the ports collection.  It got all of it's dependancies
installed correctly, but towards the end it stopped saying:

==>     Configuring for kdelibs-1.1.2.1
checking host systemtype...configure: error: can not guess host type; you must
specify one
==>     Script "configure" failed: here are the contents of "config.log"
This file contains any messaged produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:601: checking host system type
(end of "config.log")
*** Error code 1

Stop in  /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs11.
*** Error code 1

Stop in  /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs11.
*** Error code 1

Stop in  /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs11.
*** Error code 1

Stop in  /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs11.
*** Error code 1

I am running FreeBSD 4.0 RC3.  I was attempting to install these KDE libs
because they seemed to be a later version than what was on the disc (iso).  I
was hoping that they would stop the core dumps that I am getting with KICQ
(feel free to help there as well!).

Thanks all,
Brantley