Date:      Sat, 30 Nov 1996 23:30:07 -0700
From:      Noel Emerson TEIN <noel@tein.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   download protocols

We started an ISP in rural MT.  WE are using FreeBSD as our OS and an
Apache HTTP Server.
	Our problem is one of download speeds.  We are connected to the
Internet with a 56 K line. Our server downloads ok at about 6.0 kb/s.
All of the Win 3.1 machines connected to us with 28.8 modems download at
about 2.5 kb/s, however all of the Win 95 machines connected to us
download at about .8 kb/s with the same modems.  Additionally when they
download a file directly from the server, whether by http or ftp the
speed continues to drop with time and with large files times itself out.
	Where do we go?
Thanks,
Noel