Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:24:22 +1100
From:      Andrew Johns <A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        Spamoff <Spamoff@tampabay.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Roadrunner and firewall

Spamoff wrote:

> > Hello.
> >
> > I'd like to set my FreeBsd up as a firewall to roadrunner cble modem service.
> >
> > Is there a log-on script availablr ?
> >
> > Anyone else played with this ?
> >
> > Regards...Martin
>
> Hello again...first problem.
>
> The system never saw my second isa ethernet card.  Both are identical
>
> ed0=0x300,10
>
> the unidentified one which should be ed1=0x320,9
>
> How do I get this identified.
>
> UserConfig is useless as it doesn't allow you to configure a second one.
>
> Looked through thr FAQ's, newbie notes etc. to no avauil.
>
> Is this a kernal rebuild ???

Yes - you'll need to add the ed1 device to the kernel and re-build it.  Be aware
that _not_ all device driver support is capable of dynamically growing to
compensate for additional devices.

> Regards...Martin

Regards                        |    _/\_/\
Andrew Johns BSc (Comp Sci)    |   /      \
TurnAround Solutions Pty Ltd   |   \_...__/
http://www.turnaround.com.au/  |        \/

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95, NT, or better,' so I installed FreeBSD."