Date:      Mon, 05 Aug 2002 17:48:24 -0400
From:      Doug <dostanle@mcs.kent.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Question...

I'm rather new to freebsd, and i can't for the life
of me figure out what's wrong here. I wasn't sure
where to post this...so anyways here it is...
I installed freebsd 4.6 for alpha on my aspen systems
alphaPC (it's a 164lx) and everything seems fine, however
everytime i go to run XFree86, the machine hangs and then
reboots. I've configured it with pretty modest settings,
i used the very basic vga monitor settings 640x480 and
everything and it still crashes. I'm using a matrox
g200 graphics card and a junkie monitor (for now while
i'm setting the box up).
If anyone knows, or has any kind of clue why it might be
doing that, I'd be greatly appreciative.
Thanks,
Doug